Tuesday 24 February 2009

DA's Birthday


Few weeks ago...

Thai food? Japanese food? Western food? Korean food? Italian food? or.... Oh my, I couldn't make up my mind where to bring DA for his brithday dinner!!!

Few days ago...
Still thinking the same question... where to bring him oo?

Finally one day ago...

OK, decided!!! Let's try Tex-Mex Food!!!

________________________________________________________________
Yoyo! It's DA's big day! I brought him to Jaya One for birthday dinner. It was our first time stepping into Jaya One, and I wasn't sure what is nice there... Since DA brought me for Spanish food on V-day, so let's try some other cuisine which we have never tried before... and here you go -- Tex-Mex Cuisine @
FRONTERA Bar & Grill ! Erm.... we were not so sure what to order as it's our first time dining in a Tex-Mex Restaurant... and finally we just go for Taquitos de Pollo, Chimicanga Frontera and Horny Margarita.


Taquitos de Pollo (RM19.95)
Shredded chicken, hand-wrapped in corn tortillas then flash-fried and served with salsa and sour ream.
(The cream was so freshing!)

Chimicanga Frontera (RM23.95)
Homemade flour tortilla filled with either seasoned beef or shredded chicken, refried beans and cheese.
(I love the cheese on the top of the tortilla)


Horny Margarita (RM22.95)
(Again, I don't really drink... but I still can tell that it tasted quite good to me to me :p )


Yes, we shared among the food and we actually felt kinda full after the meals. However, I always have room for dessert!!! and YUP!!! Tah-Tah~ the mini birthday rose-favor cake from Tea of Life. This rose-favor cake tasted kinda special and you could really taste the "rose", however, a pity that we felt kinda sweet after we had almost half of the cake.

Rose-favor Cake
(This is an organic cake and you could really taste the rose-favor. I think they actually put roses and blended or mixed them with the flour and baked it. There were some dried flower petal inside the cake, which we first thought it was XIU KEONG :p wahaha)


~ HaPpy BiRthDay DA ~


YuYu's personal rating,
which based on her personal taste bud and feeling:-
Food: 7/10
Drinks: 8/10

Service: 6.5/10 (I'd made a reservation a day ago, however when we reached there, the staff seems not knowing about the reservation. Anyhow, the restaurant wasn't crowded and only 3-4 tables were occupied when we reached at 7pm++. Overall, service was just OK)

Ambiance: 6/10 (A very ordinary dining place, give me the feeling sitting in Nando (Oopsy!))


Address:
Frontera Bar & Grill
18-G-2, Block L, Jaya One,
No. 72A, Jalan University,
46200 P.J.
Phone: 603 7958 8515
Fax: 603 7958 8125
Open everyday from 11a.m.-11p.m.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot for the great effort of planning this :)

    I feel that the foods are having both middle east and western cooking style.

    ReplyDelete